The summary tweet is a count of your hits + unique hits from the previous day. It's sent to you via direct message, so it's private and does not appear in your timeline.
Here's what you do to activate this new feature:
- Follow me on Twitter (so that I have permission to send you direct messages)
- Log in to the WunderCounter
- Choose Twitter from the Options menu
- Enter your Twitter username and set Send Daily Tweet menu to yes
- Click the send test now link.
- If there is no error and you get a test message from me in your account, you're all set. If you have problems getting going, please get in touch with me via the usual methods
So, let me know what you think. If there's some interest, there are other places Twitter could be used in the application. For instance, getting a Tweet when a certain IP address hits your site might be a worthwhile addition. Another use may be to create a custom schedule of tweets throughout the day when you'd like to be updated on your stats. For example, you could get your summary info sent at 9:00 AM, 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM. Those are just some ideas I've been playing around with, but I'm always open to suggestions, so keep them coming in.